I often get asked...
"What kind of camera/lighting/programs do you use?" and to be perfectly honest, with technology evolving so quickly, I add to my arsenal quite often. Some of my gear is old, really old ...but I'm a firm believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Not to mention, who wants to buy trendy gear all the time if you own quality products that can be depended on?
Below is just a sampling of what I use in studio and on location for shoots. I'll even list some of my travel photography gear for those looking to pack light, but still capture a great photograph.
VLOG Camera (Most commonly asked)
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III with EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
- Canon EOS 6D w/ EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens Kit (solid backup)
- SanDisk Extreme PRO 32GB SDHC Flash Memory Card (fast, reliable) I use the 32gb cards in case of ANY freak accident. I'd rather lose part of a shoot, than the whole shoot if a large card gets corrupted.
- GoPro HERO5 Black (great for travel and POV shots)
- GoPro HERO4 BLACK (for the drone and situations where I may lose it)
- Western Digital 4TB External Hard Drive (always backup your images)
- LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 2 TB Portable Hard Drive (they make smaller and cheaper versions, but these can go through hell and survive)
- Pelican 1650 Case with Foam (I linked the big one, which is standard checked bag size for airlines.)
- PocketWizard Transceivers (You'll need a pair... obviously.)
- Canon Speedlite
- Profoto B2 location kit (Great for shooting ANYWHERE)
- Novatron V600-D Kit (Affordable studio set-up)